Tuesday 24 February 2015

ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization

Hello Everyone,

Today I was facing this issue on one of my environment of Websphere Application server 8.5 ND. While try to start the server  I was facing this issue and not allow me to start the server/JVM. And showed the following error when execute ./startServer.sh  

ADMU3011E: Server launched but failed initialization. Server logs, startServer.log, and other log files under /usr/IBM/WebSphere85/profiles/AppSrv01/logs/server1 should contain failure information.



After net surfing I got the following solution.

It is not easy to conclude the reason of issue by the error message which shown above. There may a different reason for that issue like JVM/Heap Size, file permission etc., so for digging exact issue you need to check the JVM logs, startup logs or ffdc logs.

In my case it was not writing SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log so I finally got a detailes of error in startServer.log.

Error:


javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException : A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://localhost:2811/". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.


Solution:

In my case I resolve the error by using following steps:
  1. Login to the websphere admin console.
  2. Go to the Application servers > Server_Name> Process definition > Java Virtual Machine

  1. When I check Boot classpath and Generic JVM arguments I found some syntax error is there.
  2. I repair the errors and take the restart of JVM/Server and it works.

Hope this will work in your case also. Kindly comment for your suggestion and quires.

 "Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.” 

 Regards, 
 Akhilesh B. Humbe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts